Everything is here for you today,i am going to carry this out in form of questions and answers
Hope you are getting ready.
Hence I advised you to bookmark this page or copy and paste on Microsoft word,then print it out when the application form is out.
I see a lot of appplicants getting advise from people that are hardly knowledgeable about the admission workings and requirements.
Yes you can buy two forms and fill 2 difference courses, if you have the cash. some of my past students did, and it worked for them.
We can help you with the registration, if you dont have the time. All you need is
1. One passport photograph
2. NYSC CERT/ Callup
3. BSC CERT/ statement
4. PROFESSIONAL CERT –If you have any
just upload your call-up letter first then later go and submit the discharge certificate.
Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary
school of Postgraduate studies
This is to be done after you gain admission.
8. What Documents will I be required to upload during registration?
The application is Online, you dont buy any physical form like other schools.
Documents to uploads:
1. Bsc degree certificate/statement
2. NYSC certificates/callup letter
3. Professional certificates (relevant ones)
Please do not upload WAEC certificate, or birth certificate, that is during screening.
9. Can I work and school at the same time?
Yes that is what Par time is for.
You can also work and DO Full Time programme if Possible if your job is not stressful. and if you have shifting job.
It can be arranged with your class governor for assistance.
I usually advise you to plan your program so that you don’t bite more than you can chew.
10. When is the Unilag master entrance exams?
The exam will come up in September
11. What guarantee do I have that I will get the admission?
We have materials like past questions and answers, and we also have tutorial centre inside campus and outside campus.
For Past questions we have both the soft copy and hard copy for soft copy you will pay the sum of N3000 to our account after we confirm. The payment we will send you the PQ to your mail. It is in Pdf format,but if you are not comfortable with paying online,you can come and get the hard copy inside unilag in one of our stands.
hard copies is N3500, while soft copies is N3000
Contact us for more information on 07053125807
And most of all we will assist you in your admission,we have the right links,your admission with us is very guaranteed.
12. If I make a mistake when filling the form will I be able to edit after submission OR will I have to get a new form?
That is the reason why we advice applicants to come to us before you purchase and fill the form because when you make any mistake rectifying it is very stressfull,but not withstanding when you come we will channel you to the department to make the changes for you.
13. Can I use 2 sitting in WAEC to apply?
Yes you can use two sitting results to apply. Some department don’t really check WAEC, while others do.
14. I have HND, can I apply for Masters?
Yes it’s Very possible but only on few masters courses which are:
(ii) project management with experience
(iii) Biomedical Engineering
15. What is the minimum grade to apply for Unilag masters?
Unilag pg takes 2:2, ie below 3.0 cgpa for all courses as minimum and some course take 3rd class
16. What are the Unilag Master courses you can run with third class?
so many courses available for 3rd class.
18. Does Unilag accept instalment payment?
Yes Unilag now allows part payment, for most courses, so don’t run because of fees.
Unilag started part payment 3 years ago. Its for only Par time students and you will pay about 5% interest of the total fees.
19. Can I defer my course?
Yes only after admission. you must accept and pay all fees first. then you can defer.
20. Why are students stepped down or Disqualified even when they passed the exams?
Stepped down or disqualified is when you have passed the exams and recommended for admission, the school then checks your papers and finds that you don’t possess the necessary papers you claim, you will be STEPPED DOWN, even if you scored 100% in the exams,that is why it is very important for you to come and see us so we can cross check your document before you apply.
21.Can i cross from Fulltime to par time or vice versa?
Fulltime cut off mark is higher than par time cut off mark.
The tactics some people uses is applying for Par time and then later cross over to Full time.
Call us for more details about this tactics.
Note: you can change from low fees course to higher fees course but not reversed. e.g MBA FT can change to MBA PT or Exec but not vice-versa
If your job is flexible go for Fulltime rather than Par time,because its saves cost and time.
22.Will Master students be provided accommodation?
Yes, but through ballot. so only like 10% can be accommodated. Again call us we would make sure your accommodation is secured.
23. Is working experience mandatory as required in some courses?
Yes. some departments do insist.like Public health, MILR, for MBA dont really count, just you will lose marks, for PT.
24. Can I work and DO Full Time programme?
Possible if your job is not stressful. and if you have shifting job.
It can be arranged with your class governor for assistance.
CHALLENGES YOU MIGHT LIKELY FACE DURING REGISTRATION
1. if you don’t have original cert they will bounce you as its necessary
2. if you don’t have Nysc cert they will bounce you.
3. They will ask you to write down your names and even go ahead and stamp it, as if its necessary just to make you feel its part of the process
4. some may ask you to settle before you go.
To avoid all these drama come to us so that we can put you through,so that everything will go smoothly.
NOBODY WILL CHECK YOUR DOCUMENT AT THIS STAGE, HENCE THEY ARE WARNING YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING AS ADULTS.
AT REGISTRATION STAGE- ie, admission stage, the DEPT WILL CHECK YOUR PAPERS.
25. Can I change my course before exams?
YES. All you need do is to come to us we will channel you to the right department to do so.