What is JAMB CAPS Portal?
Before we dive in into the use of the the JAMB CAPS proper, lets do a little bit of an introduction on what JAMB Caps is all about.
JAMB CAPS is an acronym representing the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System.
As the name implies, this is a system where all admission processing will be handled by the management while the CAPS Portal is the environment housing the features of the JAMB Central Admission processing.
Some of the related searches which contains questions asked concerning JAMB Caps Portal are as follows:
- What is Jamb caps all about?
- Has Jamb started giving admission on caps?
- How do I accept admission on Jamb caps
- How do I reject admission On Jamb caps
Uses of JAMB CAPS
- To Check Admission Status
- To Accept Admission
- To Reject Admission
- Other Admission Handling Features
A lot of JAMB Candidates who wrote JAMB during the 2017/2018 academic session has been asking a lot of questions concerning JAMB Caps portal. some of the questions are as follows:
How can i check JAMB Admission Status on JAMB Caps Portal?
How can i Check JAMB Caps Portal to see if i have been offered admission?
How can one Check Admission Status on JAMB Caps?
Bearing the following questions in mind, This is to inform all candidates who applied for admission during the 2017/2018 academic session that they can now proceed to JAMB Caps Portal to check their admission Status.
The Procedures to access the CAPS Portal for checking JAMB Admission Status can be found below.
The Caps Portal can be accessed on JAMB Portal which helps candidates to check their admission status.
HOW TO CHECK ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB CAPS PORTAL.
To use one of the features of the CAPS portal which is checking admission status, please use the guidelines below to successfully check and conform your admission status.
- Visit jamb.org.ng/efacility preferably using a PC or chrome browser on mobile.
- Login with the credentials( email and password) you created your jamb account with.
- After successfully logging in, click on the options button ( the button with 3 dash) at the top of the page.
- You’ll see CAPS under the tag ‘Admissions’. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the CAPS page.
- If the page only shows ‘welcome’, do not be discouraged. Just click on options on your mobile’s browser and change the view of the page to ‘desktop view’. This is why it’s preferably to use a PC.
- You’ll see some options listed at the left-hand side. Click on ‘Admission Status‘.
- It’ll then bring your details.
If you’ve been admitted, you can either ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’.
JAMB CAPS ADMISSION STATUS MESSAGES.
After following the steps outlined above in other to check if you have been offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, there are series of messages you are bound to see after you have input your JAMB Registration Number.
Below are the messages you will likely receive when you check your admission status using the JAMB caps and what you need to do concerning that.
If you check your admission status and what you see is admitted, then congratulations as you have been offered admission and you can now proceed to accept the admission and follow the next instruction after accepting your admission.
If after checking your admission status and you see Recommended, it means you may have been offered admission in other school other than the one you chose or an opportunity was opened for you in another school.
The Third set of message you may likely see when trying to check if you have been offered admission is Not Admitted, in this case, you have been considered for admission just yet or you will not be offered admission at all. If you see this message, you are not allowed to accept the admission.
ADMISSION IN PROGRESS, CHECK BACK LATER
If you see the above message bearing admission in progress, check back later, then it has a straight forward explanation which means that your school is yet to release the admission list or that they are still releasing the admission list.
If your portal shows approved, then congratulations, as JAMB has approved the admission offered to you.
OTHER IMPORTANT MESSAGES
- You are not advised to use the CAPS portal until your school of choice has released the admission list.
- Once you click the accept admission button, it will not be reversed as you have accepted it.
- If your admission status or other details is blank or shows “-“, don’t worry. Jamb is still uploading the details, so just keep checking.
If your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status‘. In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button.
If there is any information you wish to ask that is not posted here please feel free to call or whatsapp our number 07053125807 or you can drop your questions on the comment section I will sure do well to reply you.
For further inquiries and admission assistance call 07053125807/07085881362
And most especially don’t forget to click on the subscription button to get all updates sent directly to your mail