Postgraduate courses are offered in the following Computer Science areas: formal languages and Programme, Software Engineering, Database Management Systems, Modeling and Simulation, Software System Architecture, computational Intelligence, Algorithm Design and Analysis, Information System, Operating System, Data Structures, Computer Networks and Data Communications, Computer Architecture and Organizations, Data Mining and Data Warehousing, Distributive Systems.
M.Phil and Ph.D. degrees axe awarded on the basis of independent research in Computing Science. Students working on these degrees are [individually supervised by members of academic staff who are experts in the students’ research areas.
The master in Information Technology (MIT) degree offers an exciting portfolio of two-year studies to provide appropriate courses for student with a wide range of backgrounds and career aspirations. The MIT is a well established course that provides an in-depth technical overview of IT, and offers training to prepare graduates for a wide range of careers as technologists in the IT and telecommunication sec course is intended for scientist engineers who do not generally backgrounds in Computer science or IT.
The Department of Computer science offers the following postgraduate programmes:
* Postgraduate Diploma leading to the award of PGD (Computer Science);
* Master’s Degree Programme leading to the award of MSc Science);
* Master of Information Technology Degree Programme (Part-time) leading t o the award of MIT (Computer Science);
* Master of Philosophy degree Programme leading to the award of M.Pil (Computer Science); and
* Doctoral Degree Programme leading to the award of Ph.D (Computer Science).
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Computer Science.
This programme shall be open to;
* Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Engineering of the University of Lagos or any other recognized university.
- Candidates having at least a Second Class Lower Division in the Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Biology Economics, Business Administration or any Science related subject of the University of Lagos or any other recognized University.
MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE (M.Sc.) IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
* Holders of a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in Computer Science of the University of the University of Lagos or any other recognized University.
- Graduates who obtain a minimum of 3.0 GPA pass in the postgraduate diploma programme of the University of Lagos.
Candidates with any of the following qualifications would be considered for admission into the programme:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology Bachelor’s degree in other related fields besides those specified above.
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (M.Phil.) IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division of the University of Lagos or any other recognized university. An M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science of the University of Lagos or any other recognized university.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
The Ph.D. programme in Computer Science shall be open to holders of the M.Phil. degree or equivalent in Computer Science of University of Lagos or any other recognized University.
GENERAL COURSE CONTENT
* PGD: Programming Languages, Computer Architecture, Software Systems, Operations Research and System Analysis, Data Structure and Information Processing, Introduction to Numerical Analysis, PGD Project.
* MIT: Introduction to Information Technology Introduction to database Management, Programming Languages, Object-Oriented Programming, Computer Systems and Organisations, Information Technology and Law, Analysis and Design of Business Information Systems, Computer Networks and Communication Protocols, Internet Programming and Application Development, Data warehousing and Data Mining, Operating Systems, Concept and application of I-i- Business, Human Computer Interaction, Software Engineering, Seminar on Current Topics in IT, Office Automation and Project Management, MIT Project.
* MSc: Computer Construction, Programming Languages, Operating Systems and Computer Architecture, Computer Communication and Networks, Current Topics in Computing, Modeling and Simulations, Database Management System Design, Advanced Numerical Analysis, MSc Project.
* M.Phil/Ph.D: Seminar in Computer Science, Special Topics in Computing System, Special Topics in Operations Research, Special Topics in Computational.
NATURE OF ASSESSMENT
PGD and M.Sc. degrees are assessed entirely by examination while M.Phil. and Ph.D. are by research works.
* Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Computer Science (Part-time) minimum duration, two (2) sessions.
* Master of Science Degree (M.Sc.) in Computer Science. Minimum duration 2 semesters.
* Master of Information Technology (MIT) in Computer Science (Part-time) minimum duration is 4 semesters.
* Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Computer Science. Minimum duration is 4 semesters.
˟Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Science. Minimum duration is 6 semesters.
Graduates of Computer Science find job opportunities in both government and private sectors including but not limited to banks, insurance firms, stock exchange, indigenous software development companies, telecommunications, oil and gas industries universities and research institutes.
If there is any information you wish to ask that is not posted here please feel free to call or whatsapp our number 07053125807 or you can drop your questions on the comment section I will sure do well to reply you.
For further inquiries and admission assistance call 07053125807/07085881362
And most especially don’t forget to click on the subscription button to get all updates sent directly to your mail.